Saturday, July 05, 2008


Pin It

BRRR.................FREEZING

It's my turn to set the Daring Cardmakers Dare this week.


In New Zealand at the moment it's winter and cold and dark. No snow here as temperatures don't get that low but still low enough that that's all anyone thinks about and anyone talks about. So this dare should be easy for those in the colder climes of the Southern Hemisphere but in the North it may be a little trickier. Use images, use colour, use embellishments that make you feel cold and remind you of winter.As always we love to see your cards so post them on your blog and leave us a comment so we can come over and admire them. If you don't have a blog EMail them to us to be placed in our gallery.


It was also my turn to choose the July Guest Designer and I've chosen the extremely talented Beverley. See her blog here.


Here's my card:

I dotted a bit of 2 way glue with dazzling diamonds in the centre of the background flowers which hasn't shown up well in the photo. It gives the card a more icy feel.
Supplies used are all Stampin' Up! - Boho Backgrounds Stamp Set, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Blue Bayou Cardstock, Blue Bayou Classic Ink Pad, 1 1/4 circle punch, 1 3/8 circle punch and circle scallop punch, paper cutter, snail, 2 way glue, dazzling diamonds.

9 comments:

Judy said...

What a freezing morning it is here in the valley, I'm sure it lightly snowed about an hour ago so there's bound to be some on the hills behind! Brrrr..!!
Love your card, Keryn, that looks a great stamp set!
What a b....r about Dave's pens disappearing, best of luck with Trade Me.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

It;s cold enough here in Perth, Western Australia, so I can only imagine what it is like for you over there in NZ! Keep warm and love the card,

Jo said...

This card is beuatiful - 'tis actually sunny over here for once today! Thank you for a fantastic dare

jo xx

Chris (catt871) said...

VERY pretty!! It is summer here so I don't even want to THINK about winter! We had a longggg brutal winter this year, I'm sooo happy it's summer!
Chris

a portland granny said...

Do we leave our challenge with you? I'm not sure I'm understanding the situation. Anyway I made a simple winter card. It is posted on my blog. If I need to send this some place else, please let me know.

When you get to my blog, choose Sassafras and Gingerbread to see my card.

Thanks,
Joan

a portland granny said...

Hi,
I just changed the link on my post with the winter card to go right to daring cardmakers when it gets clicked on.

Thanks again, for your help.

Joan

AmethystCat said...

what a beautiful card, Keryn! wow - it's hard to picture cold when it's 97 degrees Fahrenheit. We're in the height of summer with high heat and even higher humidity. But, I'm going to do a Christmas in July card night so I'll have something "cold" posted later in the month. :)

Anonymous said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte! Der Sketch gefällt mir sehr gut!

Jane said...

Love how soft this is. Beautiful.

Jane
SBS4