Thursday, January 22, 2009


Pin It

Feeling Very Pleased with Myself

I found a kitset set of 3 cubes while picking up milk at Woolworths this morning. After initial discouragement which was fixed by a call to Dave to find out how to use the keyless chuck on the cordless drill, I manged to make these cubes all by myself. I used to do basic DIY stuff but after meeting Dave I've been very good at letting him do it all for me.

These cubes are part of the redo of my office. A room that when we moved into the house 7 years ago got the computer and bits and pieces of shelving and bookcases and things were stored all over the place. With my Stampin' Up!® business it needed to have a true place of it's own and over the last two weeks this office has got: -

- desks along two walls
- a new A2 cutting mat
- towel ralls to hold punches
- plastic containers screwed to the walls for ribbon
- 7 40L stackable plastic containers to hold things that aren't used that often
- plastic containers to go across my windowsill for storage
- wiring stored out of reach and off the floor.
- three new wooden cubes
- the best of the storage that it had already

Still to come - a new lampshade, and a comfy chair to relax with a cup of tea between creating.

While musing on how clever I thought I was I realised that my business had completely paid for the redecorate out of it's earnings as well as paying completely for my papercrafting hobby. Not bad for a small business that is done for the love of papercrafts and as a stay at home for my need to be out meeting people.

Now off to fill up those cubes before I pick up the boys from Holiday Program.

If you'd like to find out more about being a Stampin' Up!® demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration see my post here.
The next meeting for my Stampin' Up! team, Keryn's Krew, is scheduled for the 10th February.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Well Done!! I'm sure we all create better in an organised space - I just can't keep it that way for very long!! Enjoy your crafting room

Tracy said...

The cubes look great... I have a cleaning faze and get halfway through my room then give up... but I am finding if I clean up between cards I end up with a better result