Tuesday, February 03, 2009


Pin It

Polished Stone

This post is especially to show the ladies I was sitting with at the Cards Unlimited club night last night what I did with one of the polished stone backgrounds that I completed there. Thank you to Jo Beaver for reintroducing me to this fun technique. BTW I got 95% of the ink stains off my hands in the shower this morning. I have got to be the muckiest cardmaker ever!

So that I could use the reinkers that I already had I did not use the Adirondack alcohol inks and applicator that Jo used. Instead of the applicator I used cotton balls. (hence the multi-coloured hands).

Here's the card: -

Supplies used: -

Stampsets - Heartfelt Thanks & Spring Solitude

Ink: - Bashful Blue and Lovely Lilac Reinkers, Bold Brights Watercolour Crayons, Brilliant Blue Classic Ink Pad, Brilliant Blue and Green Galore Stampin' Write Markers, Gold Encore Metallic Ink Pad

Card: - White Gloss, Lovely Lilac

Other: - Paper Cutter, Paper Snips, Whisper White 6mm Grosgrain Ribbon, Water filled spray bottle, Cotton Balls, Rubbing Alcohol filled spray bottle.

Instructions for Polished Stone using reinkers can be found here on the Splitcoast stampers forum.

1 comment:

Donna said...

That looks really good - I'm so pleased you did something with it!