Sunday, October 25, 2009


Pin It

Shimmer Paint NZ Style

Dave took Lachy out to Bunnings late yesterday afternoon, Cameron was in the bath and I had a chance to catch up with the Posts from Andrea Walford's Sunny Stampin' Website that were sitting unread on Google Reader.

A number of her video tutorials have been using the Stampin' Up!® Shimmer Paint that is available in the US and Canada. I considered just flicking through them and then had a brain wave.  There must be a way to have acrylic paint in Stampin' Up!® colours!  By hunting through my pre Stampin' Up!® stash I found some White acrylic paint and a shimmery artists medium.  Mixing them together I had something that I thought would work the way the paint has done in Andrea's Video Tutorial

Here's my card: - 


As long as the acrylic paint is reasonably thin you still get the detail on the solid trees.  Unfortunately I couldn't get the shimmer to show well in the photo.

I know for a long time the scrapping world has been using acrylic paint on foam stamps in their layouts. This is a fantastic way for scrapbookers to get their acrylic paint to match the Stampin' Up!® colours used in their papers, cardstock and simply scrappin' kits and be able to use their Stampin' Up!® stamp sets as well.

Supplies used all Stampin' Up!® except were mentioned: -
Stamp Set - Holly Jolly Christmas
Paper - Old Olive, Ruby Red and Whisper White Cardstock
Ink - Ruby Red and Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pads
Accessories - Paper Cutter, Sponge Daubers, 'Acrylic Paint and Artists Medium' - Non SU, Stampin' Sponge, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive.

Contact me to purchase ink refills to match your favourite Stampin' Up!® cardstock and papers and a pack of Sponge Daubers to apply the paint to your stamps with.


No comments: