Tuesday, May 18, 2010


Pin It

Day Two - Stamped Images as Embellishments on LOs

To celebrate International Scrapbooking Month I'm going to have a scrapbooking week. Starting yesterday I'm posting a post every day for 7 days to show you different ways I've found to use Stamps and Ink, along with patterned papers, punches and of course photos on my scrapbook layouts.


I have a Clear Mounted 'Lots of Bots' stamp set to give away to one person (No Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators please) who leaves a comment on all seven posts this week. I will be doing the draw on Tuesday 25th May.

Today I'm going to show you layouts that use stamped images so you can have the exact embellishment you need for your layout.


This cute little boy has disappeared and turned into a much bigger and definitely less cute nearly ten year old, but he still likes Lions.  The stamp set 'Wild About You' was the perfect one to use to create the stamped lions in the background and the lion sitting on the date.  The lion on the date was stamped three times, twice in pumpkin pie and once in chocolate chip and then layered.


That same little boy approx five years later had this photo taken looking like a Lion in a tree.  I don't know that Lions climb trees, do they?  The embellishment at the bottom left of the card was created using an Emboss resist technique - stamp image on watercolour paper using versamark ink and clear emboss.  Watercolour over the top with Watercolour crayons and an Aqua Painter.  The stamp set I used for this layout is 'A Beautiful Thing'.  Looking at the buttons on the top right of the layout there's still room for prepurchased embellishments along with the stamped ones.

Don't forget to leave a comment on this post and the other six this week to enter yourself in the draw.

Yesterday's post is here.






 Share

6 comments:

pnkgeeni said...

I love those! Cute photos.

Mel said...

too cute! I have been motivated to give the scrapbooking thing ago now too :)

Sharna Russell said...

hi, i like these photos, as i'm not a scrapbooker myself, but the more i see the more i want to give it a go,

Chris C said...

cute layouts.
liking all the ideas.

Kathy said...

Keryn, I just had to let you know how fab that last LO is - you've used the colours so perfectly and I love that big bold photo - so much texture in the trees too

Bronny B said...

Gorgeous photos keryn. Love the one with the pot, such precious memories :) Love the stamping, thats where one of those "stampama jig" would be so good :)