Wednesday, June 16, 2010


Pin It

Greetings Eight Gift Cards

I'd bought 'Greeting Eight' as part of my demonstrator preorder for the 2009/2010 Idea Book and Catalogue and used it a lot then but with all the lovely stamp sets arriving in Mini Catalogues it had fallen off my radar.

Because it's on special this week I had a good excuse to use it again.  The size of the stamped images and the advantages gained having the greeting already part of the image made them perfect for simple 3x3" gift cards.

I've made six cards all using the same simple layout, but each has a little twist to make it unique.


Although it's a little hard to see the first two cards have paper piercing, the umbrella one, three rows down the side and the leaf one in the corners.  The C for congratulations card has the small piece of ribbon.


On the Dad card I've used a piece of Haiku DSP as the mat, the cake card has been watercoloured using ink pads and blender pens and the happy future card has had glitter added to the cards.

Then the cards needed a box.  I've made Mini Pizza boxes a number of times they are quick to make in workshops and make great hostess gifts but possibly a little bit big for 3x3 cards.  I could have adjusted the measurements myself but sometimes it's just easier not to reinvent the wheel and look on You Tube.  I found this You Tube video from Lisa which had all the measurements I needed.


Here is my box closed decorated with four of the images that I used on the cards.


 And again open showing the cards fitting nicely in the box.

Greetings Eight is an eight piece wood mounted stamp set currently on special for $29.48.  Check out the other sets on special too and EMail me with your order.

All supplies used Stampin' Up!®: -
Stamp Set - Greetings Eight
Paper - Very Vanilla, Tempting Turquoise, Garden Green, Ruby Red, Rose Red & Not Quite Navy Cardstock, Haiku DSP
Ink - Tempting Turquoise, Garden Green, Riding Hood Red, Rose Red, Not Quite Navy & Pumpkin Pie Ink Pads, Yoyo Yellow Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories - Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Blender Pens, Riding Hood Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Snips, Snail Adhesive, Bone Folder, Two Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Sticky Strip
  
Share

1 comment:

Rachael Knight said...

Cute project Keryn! Good on you for making the most of that set. I need to do something like this, fast. I'm not very good at quick cards, I tend to over-complicate them!

TFS, have a great weekend!