Wednesday, June 02, 2010


Pin It

Playing with Colours from the New Brights Collection

I had a very busy day planned today but due to a sick Lachlan I've been gifted some time to play.

You will have heard of the new colour changes that are planned for the new Idea Book and Catalogue on the 1st September.  Stampin' Up!® have been feeding information and ideas for introducing the new colours to their demonstrators and it was in this months Impressions magazine that I was quite taken by a card design using the 'Petal Pizazz' stamp set and the new Brights Collection.

I took the time today to find out how many of the Brights Collection colour classic ink pads I already owned and was pleasantly surprised to find I already had eight of the ten.


This is my version of the card that was in The Impressions magazine.
I made one change of colour, swapping Daffodil Delight for Pumpkin Pie.  (Excuse the old olive smudge I'm always getting ink on my fingers and on to my projects).


Then while I had everything out I tried a different colour combination. 

I'm not completely sold on the Pumpkin Pie stems but otherwise I'm happy with it. 

All supplies Stampin' Up!®: -
Stamp Set - Petal Pizazz
Paper - Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie Cardstock
Ink - Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Real Red, Regal Rose
Accessories - Paper Cutter, Paper Snips, Bone Folder, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals.

There are some colours that we are saying farewell to.  Make sure you get your orders in for ink refills and cardstock sooner rather than later and some ink refills are already on backorder.


 
Share

No comments: