Friday, August 27, 2010


Pin It

My Hostess Appreciation Night Gifts

Every year I run a Hostess Appreciation Workshop on the anniversary of my first Stampin' Up!® Workshop.  I invite all the ladies who have been workshop hostesses with me during the previous 12 months.  This year they had another bonus getting the 2010/2011 Idea Book and Catalogue as their thank you gift.

But just so there was a little something handmade for them I filled pens with rolled up strips of DSP so they had their own personal pen to write their order or wish list with.


Dave is on leave this week and much to his disgust I discovered he had much better fine motor skills for rolling up little strips of paper than I do.  Thanks Dave for all your help.

To make these pens you will need: -

 - A pen that you can remove the refill and the end from (I got mine from the Warehouse)
 - A strip of DSP 2.5 x 12cm
 - wooden skewer
 - I did need a dab of crystal effects on a couple of the pens to get the end to stay in afterwards.



The pen at the beginning.


Take the pen apart by pulling out the refill and using a skewer to push out the end piece.


Roll your dsp lengthways round the wooden skewer.  This was probably the most tricky piece.


With the skewer poking out of the top of the paper tube use the skewer to insert the paper into the plastic pen tube.


Reassemble your pen.  If the end of the pen falls out use a small dab of crystal effects to keep it in place.


Ladies I had a fantastic evening.  Thank you so much to everybody who came.

  If you'd like to be invited next year make sure you contact me to host a workshop in the next 12 months.


 

No comments: