Wednesday, September 29, 2010


Pin It

A Much More Humane Use for a Rat Trap

Thanks so much Julie for showing me the cute little punch art mouse and your version of a note holder made with a rat trap.  I don't know who had the original idea but I do know Julie found the idea on the web.

I'm going up to Waikanae today to retrieve my camera so photos will improve from tomorrow.  I could have done with a flash on a grey Wellington day like today.


Here are the punches that I used to make the mouse: -
Large Ornament Punch
Wide Oval Punch
Butterfly Punch
Word Window Punch &
1/2" Circle

I got my rat trap in a pack of two for about $2.50 from a local bargain shop. Do be careful as even after dismantling some of the nastier bits from the trap the spring is very strong.

Late note: - Julie's just let me know where she found the idea - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcmUamqDAJk&feature=related

Most supplies Stampin' Up!®: -
Stamps - ABC Alphabet Lower - retired
Paper - Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla and Basic Black Cardstock, Newsprint DSP
Ink - Jet Black Stazon, basic black stampin' write journaller,
Punches - Wide Oval, Large Ornament, Butterfly, Word Window, 1/2" Circle
Accessories - Rat trap, black paint, paper cutter, snail adhesive, pop up glue dots (retired), stampin' sponge, white gel pen, paper snips.

and a very accomodating DH who took the rat trap apart and painted it for me.

View catalogues online, find out about the business opportunity, choose classes and contact me through my Stampin' Up!® business website.




4 comments:

Jamey said...

Well isn't he the cutest little rat ever caught!

Paula Dobson said...

What a great idea for a note holder - and soooo cute too!

Jones Family said...

oh that is such a fun idea. Dangerous! but fun!

Jones Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.