Friday, June 22, 2012


Pin It

Convention Update

What a party!!  Convention 2012 in Canberra was fabulous fun and a great reward to myself for all the hard work put in.


But of course there was a business side to it too and now I feel ready to make my next Stampin' Up!® year my most successful yet.

This is the update I wrote for my upline's team newsletter: - 

"This was my first convention complete with a badge pinned to my lanyard saying ''I am' a First Timer'.  I loved the 'I am' theme, it really gave me a feeling of I am a demonstrator, I am part of this, I am meant to be here. It was important to me to travel with Sharlene & Rachael and to have Sharlene there to share her experience from previous years but that being said if you love to travel the schedule that was provided in our workbook had all the information necessary to make sure you were in the right place at the right time.  With my accomodation already booked for Brisbane next year I hope I'll be able to provide the same support to other 'First Timers' next year.

My convention experience was seen through the eyes of a Stampin' Up!® leader and it was fabulous to be recognised for the hard work you put in to make this a business.  There was an extra leadership class on the first day which hopefully will benefit me in the support of my team and the recognition that came with Manager's Reception held in Canberra's Parliament buildings. 

You can't help but leave convention knowing that the South Pacific region is a very important part of the Stampin' Up!® family.  The home office staff showed that by their enthusiasm & hard work and the fun they had as part of Convention.  Trainers that we know from You Tube like Carrie Cudney & Brian Pilling became 3 dimensional not just in their crafting but in their business training ability - Brian Pilling is a Communications expert and his relationship building class will be invaluable for my future recruiting.  Carrie taught us how to be strategic by using the female shopping psyche to show us how our customers make their shopping decisions. Using clips from TV shows & movies to make her points meant that like all the training none of it was hard work and a lot of it had us in giggles.

I came home with sneak peek products from the new catalogue and there were plenty of product sneak peeks in the main stage presentations.  We had a make & take with four projects and got to use new products yet to come out.  A new thing this year was a demonstrator resource centre with lots of products to play with and projects on display using current and sneak peek projects.

Everything I've already mentioned made convention a fantastic experience but the icing on the cake was that I had totally underestimated, in previous years, how good it would feel to walk across the main stage in front of 500 of your peers.  I knew at check in that I had won one of the top ten demonstrator of the year awards which only increased the anticipation in the days preceeding."    
If you've read to the end and this is something you want to be part of - find out about the $189, no risk, choose your own product combination, starter kit and join my team so you have the option to come with me to the Stampin' Up!® Convention 2013 in Brisbane.

Give yourself a Reason to Smile in June!

No comments: