Wednesday, July 24, 2013


Pin It

Occasions Card Wednesday - Father's Day

The next Occasion coming up other than Birthday's on my Calendar is Father's Day.  Dave's Dad is a real word nut, particularly obscure words that are not often used anymore. This was the perfect occasion to ink up my brand new Dictionary stamp for. 



For something different I inked the 7/8" cotton ribbon so that it exactly matched the image underneath.  To get a clear image that was exactly straight this is what I did: -

 - I worked out where I wanted the ribbon to sit on my card
 - then cut the ribbon longer on each end than I needed and put snail adhesive on both ends
 - I inked up the part of the dictionary stamp that I wanted on the ribbon
 - then I adhered the ends of the ribbon gently to the sides of my stamp's wood block with the centre of the ribbon over the part of the image I wanted to transfer
 - to transfer the image I ran a brayer over the ribbon to push it down into the ink
 - removing the ribbon carefully I then adhered it on to my card

The button was made with Simply Pressed Clay and the button mold left to dry completely.  It was coloured by pressing it into a Baked Brown Sugar classic stampin' pad then spreading the ink with an aqua painter.

Now you're thinking what an awful lot of steps for a very simple looking card.  You'll find it's worth it. 

I used: - 
 - Dictionary Stamp - 130348 (wood), 130351 (clear)
 - Delightful Dozen Stamp Set - 128547 (wood), 122652 (clear)
 - Jet Black Stazon Ink - 101406
 - Basic Black A4 Cardstock - 121688
 - Baked Brown Sugar Classic Stampin' Pad - 131174
 - Baked Brown Sugar A4 Cardstock - 131301
 - Very Vanilla Cardstock - 106550
 - Stamping Sponges - 101610
 - 7/8" Cotton Ribbon - 127844
 - Extra Large Oval Punch - 119859
 - Simply Pressed Clay - 130685
 - Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds - 131272

Everything used to make this project can be purchased through me. Click on the 'Shop 24/7' button below or Email me to place your order. 



No comments: