Friday, August 09, 2013


Pin It

Tips & Tricks Friday - Individual Stamping Sponges

The Stamping Sponges coming in a pack of three gives you lots of space to fill with different ink colours while crafting but I find it easier to give each colour it's own small sponge.  

After the colour reorganisation that came with the new Annual Catalogue it was time to change my sponges to match so I took some photos at the same time.


Instead of using the whole sponge I cut it into wedges.  I get 8 from one sponge.


I use a round tab punch to cut a handle out of the coloured cardstock matching the ink colour this sponge will be used for.  This one is Bermuda Bay.  The round tab  punch is now retired but any symmetrical punch will do like the scallop oval also shown in the photo.



Fold your punched shape in half and staple it to the thin end of your sponge.  This now identifies the ink colour it's to be used with and acts as a handle to hopefully keep your fingers out of the ink.


You can choose to name your sponges if you wish as I have using a labeller or use them just the way they are.  You certainly don't need one for every colour.


Stamping Sponges - 101610 (three for $7.25) can be purchased through my Online Store




No comments: