Wednesday, December 18, 2013


Pin It

Occasions Card Wednesday - Happy New Year



I don't make a lot of New Year's Day cards but there is always one or two people that have had an absolutely shocking year and need a wish for the next one to be so much better.  I find it very hard to justify purchasing a stamp set for just a couple of cards so I was pleased to find the 'Best New Year Stamp Brush Set' for My Digital Studio. 

The price was only $4.50 for the two stamp brushes in the set and I was also able to change the size and the colour to be the size I wanted for my project.

There are two parts to the image above and when I put them together in MDS I wanted them to stay together.  Everything I did to one I wanted to be able to do to the other and I wanted them to stay in proportion.  I could have manipulated each image separately, lining each one up by eye to make sure it was the same but I remembered a trick I'd learnt in an MDS digital class.  You can group the images together and the software treats them as one image.


Here's how my project looked after I'd dragged the two stamp brush images over from the Resource Palette and placed the second one so I had room to add my stars.



Once I was happy was the placement I selected both images, by holding down the Ctrl key then used my right mouse button to bring up the menu and chose Group.  Now these two images will be treated as one by the MDS software.

This is what I used to make this project: - 

My Digital Studio - 130646
or
My Digital Studio 30 day Free Trial - 130910
Midnight Muse A4 Cardstock - 127546
Shimmery White A4 Cardstock - 121717
Silver Glimmer Paper - 124005
Small Star Punch (Retired)
Stampin' Dimensionals - 104430
(necessary to stick any cardstock to textured Glimmer Paper)




Everything used to make this project can be purchased through me. Click on the 'Shop 24/7' button below or Email me to place your order. 



No comments: