Saturday, July 26, 2008


Pin It

DCM: - Golden Oldies

"NOW ! - on to this weeks dare - we have a team dare this week, and we were thinking.....with so many new things /latest papers/ trendy stuff constantly coming on the market, we thought it would be nice to have a look back, and dig out some of our 'old' papers and embellishments and make a card with our 'preloved' treasures. I think the tendency these days is to get on the 'latest must have' band wagon, sometimes, its nice to recognise what we already have- even if it isn't the 'latest' embellishment/paper.Here's a few lovely designs from our design team- a little trip down memory lane........of the card making world !Don't forget to leave us a link to your card, so we can pop along and have a look atyour wonderful creations !"

Those of you who have looked at my card and noticed the watermark will have noticed that I used Stampin' Up!® product. And if you know me well you know I've been cardmaking for about 10 years. You're right I didn't use my older stamping bits and pieces. I found there was no way that I couldn't use Stampin' Up!® products in my crafting, I am so completely and totally addicted. The sad thing is that even tho. I don't use my older stamp collection anymore I can't bear to part with those either.

My card this week uses the very first technique that I ever learnt as a cardmaker. Taught to me at a Crafty Kids party about 10 years ago. Like all cardmakers of the time I fell in love with heat embossing over a toaster. It's also been an incredibly long time since I've actually embossed a sentiment straight onto a base card.

So here's the card: - All Supplies Stampin' Up!® - Stamp Sets Oh So Lovely & Sincere Salutation, Very Vanilla and Perfect Plum Cardstock, Perfect Plum & Versamark Ink, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Paper Cutter, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds, snail adhesive.

2 comments:

asia wu said...

Beautiful card - so delicate and pretty.

Kathy said...

This is such a pretty card keryn. I love the colours and the way you've put it all together