Friday, May 22, 2009


Pin It

DCM - Wet Wet Wet

This week Kathy has challenged us to make cards using the theme of water, double points if we use water in the making of the card. I went for the double points this week by sponging three dye ink colours on whisper white gloss card stock, spritzing it with water to make it run and covering it with glad wrap then scrunching up the wrap to give it frost lines.

I wasn't intending to make a sympathy card. As at Thursday morning I didn't know what sort of card it was going to be until after I had read about the loss of Sarah's Grandma on her blog. I must admit I still didn't make a conscious decision to make a sympathy card for Sarah but when the card started to be made this is what it wanted to be. Look out for it in your letterbox soon Sarah. Substitute butterfly cakes for the pikelets and Sarah's Grandma sounds an awful lot like my Nana who is also no longer with us.

All Stampin' Supplies Stampin' Up!®: -

Stamp sets: - Carte Postale (Retired), Close as a Memory

Paper: - Whisper White Gloss Cardstock, Pacific Point, Whisper White and Basic Black Cardstock

Ink - Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise and Taken with Teal Classic Ink Pads

Accessories: - Paper Cutter, Paper Snips, Stapler, Stampin' Sponge, Spray Bottle, Glad Wrap.



4 comments:

LivArtNow said...

This is just beautiful! Love it!!!

Powerful Search Engine said...

This is so serene and you have captured the colour of water beautifully. I adore the sentiment too. Hugs Pascale

kareN stampZ said...

what a lovely card - it is very serene and I hope it brings some comfort for Sarah

Kathy said...

I think this makes such a beautiful, evocative sympathy card, Keryn and I'm sure Sarah will be comforted by it.

The background is just stunning, you are soooo clever