Sunday, November 22, 2009


Pin It

Scallop Square Christmas Tree Decorations

Last year my Christmas tree decorations were made with the 'Scallop Circle Punch', see the tutorial here, this year I used the same technique but used the scallop square punch.  I found it much easier this time threading the beads on the hat pins from the 'Pretties Kit', however as you can see from the tutorial using 'linen thread' works as well.

This is a fabulous way to use up left over bits and pieces of patterned papers.  Six scallop squares of a double sided paper were all that were used for each of these decorations.  You could also use three scallop squares from two different single sided papers as well.

Although I've used the scallop circle and scallop square punches for my decorations any punched shapes that will fold in half easily will work as well. 


All Stampin' Up!® products used unless noted otherwise: -
Paper - Parisienne Breeze Specialty DSP (Only available until 30/11/09)
Punch - Scallop Square
Accessories - Snail Adhesive, Pretties Kit (for hatpins and beads), Fine Gold Thread (From my Stash)

After posting this yesterday I've found another Christmas tree decoration tutorial also using the Pretties Kit Hatpins and beads and scrap Designer Series Paper - Splitcoast Stampers Double Ball Ornament.

I'm sorry I can't make a sample for you but the hatpins I used above where the last two in my 'Pretties Kit'.

No comments: