Tuesday, April 27, 2010


Pin It

ANZAC Day LO

I'm mostly a cardmaker who scraps sporadically.  I usually find if I'm going to scrap photos the layout is completed within 48 hours.  I think this is a reflection of how important the event is in my mind.  If the layout isn't completed in that time the photos are put aside to go into a traditional photo album, which will get some attention one day.

This layout features some of the photos taken as the Tawa Scouts, Cubs and Keas marched in the Tawa Anzac parade on Sunday.  I'd put the layout together just after lunch yesterday, Monday.


I usually sell my reitired stamp sets but I kept 'Carte Postale' particularly because of the Fleur de Lis to use with Scout layouts.

Thank you again to Delys Cram for showing me how to make poppies from the 'Butterfly Punch'.  These worked out perfectly for an ANZAC layout.  All scout troops have their own colours.  As the Tawa scouts are within the Wellington Region they use the Yellow and Black of Wellington, hence you'll find that most of my Cub/Kea layouts start with a yellow base card and a sprinkling of Garden Green and Basic Black. 

All supplies used Stampin' Up!®: -
Stamp Sets - Big Deal and Carte Postale (Retired)
Paper - Yoyo Yellow, Garden Green, Basic Black and Whisper White Cardstock
Ink - Garden Green Classic Stampin' Pad, Real Red Stampin' Write Marker and Refill, Garden Green Stampin' Write Marker
Punches - Butterfly Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch
Accessories - Paper Cutter, Snail Adhesive, Water Spritzer, Paper Snips

Although you won't see the Butterfly Punch in the online catalgoues it is still available with some other products from the Spring and Summer Mini Catalogues.  See the details here, and then contact me to place your order.



Share

No comments: