Wednesday, July 07, 2010


Pin It

Crystal Effects Tile

Here is the project I promised you in the last post.  I'm not particularly happy with the photo but I don't think glitter on a shiny chrystal effects surface was ever going to photograph well.  Especially when you need a flash because of the dull winter weather we have at the moment.


The Eastern Blooms image was stamped using Stampin' Write markers and the Greeting from Close as a Memory was stamped using Stazon Jet Black.  A think layer of Crystal Effects was put over the top causing the water based markers to run.

I think this is a project I will leave until Summer when there is a little more heat in the house overnight.  I suspect you would get a smoother surface drying naturally rather than speeding it up with a heat tool due to the impatience on my part.  It is also a good idea to remember to put your stamped image down on baking paper first rather than moving it after you've added the still wet crystal effects.

Don't forget to leave a comment on my Blog Candy Post.
Share

1 comment:

pnkgeeni said...

It looks cool. I wasn't really sure what you meant by Crystal Effects Tiles earlier.