Friday, May 18, 2012


Pin It

Builder Punch Placement

I'm doing a workshop on Sunday using the Blossom Petals Builder punch and the matching Build a Blossom stamp set. I always like to work out the easiest way to use tools before I demonstrate them at a workshop.  This time as I stamped and placed my punch it seemed like a good time to take some photos and share the tip with you as well.


Often when using a 'Builder Punch' (e.g. Owl, Two Step Bird, Blossom Petals) in a hurry I stamp the matching image and punch it out only to find that the hurried placement of the image has meant that I've punched out a lot of shapes I didn't need and wasted cardstock.

 For this project I'm using the Blossom Petals Builder punch and the Build a Blossom Stamp Set.  

I've chosen the stamp I want to use.

Before stamping the image chose the part of the punch that matches the stamp and position it on your cardstock in a position that creates the least waste.

Then stamp in that position and punch.  Then repeat for the number you need and start with the other images.



Don't forget to join the Paper Party - buy three get one free - this month.

No comments: