Friday, August 23, 2013


Pin It

Tips & Tricks Friday - Sharp Creases

There are lots of different ways used by card makers to get a sharp crease in their card bases.  I prefer this very simple method that just uses one very inexpensive tool.


To start I fold my card base in half lining up the corners and crease the fold line with my fingers.  As you can see from the photo it's not a very sharp fold and it's very difficult to work with a surface that isn't flat.


Next I grab my bone folder and run the edge along the fold.


This is the nice flat surface I now have to work with.  It also makes sure that your finished card stands nicely once it's been received by your recipient.

Bone folders are also great for running down the track in a paper trimmer to create a score line, burnishing punched/die cut shapes to create dimension and sharpening creases in 3d items such as boxes.

You can Email me to place an order for a bone folder 102300 $14.25 or click on the Shop 24/7 button below to place your order.



No comments: