Thursday, January 20, 2011


Pin It

Colour Lucky Dip Using the Colour Coach

I was inspired by Debbie Airey's gift card post to create some of my own.  Sitting in the office last night with Dave using the computer and the fan going I flipped through the Colour Coach trying to find colour combinations that would eventually use all the Stampin' Up!® Colours with the trio heart stamp from "I {Heart} Hearts" Stamp Set.  By the time I had had enough of stamping there was only three colours left.

Here are the stamped images that I made up into cards this morning



and two of my favourites, Pacific Point with Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie

 and Cajun Craze with Old Olive and Baja Breeze.



 Next came a box to put them all in.  I used Marina Mist with the coordinating colours from the Colour Coach of Real Red and Old Olive.  The box itself was given some texture by wheeling the 'So Swirly' Jumbo Wheel in Marina Mist ink.


I will be putting together a Video Tutorial for this box over the next couple of days so watch my blog.  If you're wondering, Yes it did say PDF tutorial but I've discovered I talk much better than I draw diagrams.

Don't forget the 'Treats for your Sweets' promotion finishes on the 24th January so get your order in quickly.

And my New Year Challenge finishes on the 31st January don't miss out on the prizes.



4 comments:

Debbie Airey said...

They're really great colour combo's! Just gorgeous!! TFS

Zaylah said...

Oh I love this!
Simple but gorgeous!

Frances said...

These sets are really lovely Keryn!

Rachael Knight said...

Keryn you're a machine! Wish I could make this many cards as fast as you can. I really must feature the colour coach more too, love that tool!

Thanks for visiting my blog, funny you should mention the Play Date diary, it was the last one I made and I actually was rather tempted to keep that one for myself, but I'd already written in the Elegant Soiree one. Typical hey?

Hope all is well with you!