Saturday, November 26, 2011


Pin It

Pillow Box Advent Calendar

A resusable (I hope) alternative to chocolate advent calendars. Thanks to Wendyl Nissen - Green Goddess for the idea for this advent calendar. She'd seen an idea to wrap up 24 little parcels and tie them together. I've used 24 pillow boxes and tied them together with ribbon hoping that instead of cutting them apart to open them they'll stay together for next year as well.

I used left over hostess 6x6 designer series paper sheets and ribbon pieces from my scrap ribbon jar. A good way to tidy up leftovers. I think if I'd used the same width ribbon throughout it would hang a bit straighter.
Don't forget that the Pillow Box Bigz Die is one the Big Shot accessories on special this month at 10% off.

The numbers were printed on to whisper white cardstock using RGB colour codes in Microsoft Word to match the Stampin' Up!® colours - pear pizazz, peach parfait and poppy parade.    Choose the size you print them in to fit in the punch you want to use I used 3/4" and 1" Circle pu








1 comment:

Paula Reid said...

Wow this looks so cool. Such a great idea - thanks for sharing