Tuesday, March 05, 2013


Pin It

Using Up Retired Paper and Ribbons

We all have a stack of paper, ribbons and other items that we've bought for projects never completed or are left over.  I have retired products that I don't want to throw out but I no longer use in my classes or workshops.

One of my team members Kelly Nelson was demonstrating the 'Simply Scored' tool at a craft group I went to last night.  I'd already been thinking about turning my retired designer paper & ribbon into gift bags, always handy to have on hand.  So last night was the perfect night to put my plan into action.

Here is what I created with my Simply Scored tool, papers and ribbon at the craft group last night.

I created my template by pulling apart a shop bought gift bag and adjusting the measurements to use one sheet of 12"x12" designer series paper.  I started with a sheet of paper 12"x7 1/4".  The ladies at the group have asked me to email them the template.  I intend to put one together that it is a little prettier than my original drawn one.  When that's done I'll post it here for you as well.

I used: -

Left over sheets of 12x12 Designer Series paper - one for each box.
Ribbon to match the project approx 30cms/12".
Simply Scored Tool
Sticky Strip
Crop-A-Dile (retired) or other hole punch
Piece of DSP backing card just under 1 1/2" x 4" to reinforce the bottom of the box.

PDF template now available.
 
Don't forget to get the pictures of your Christmas Card(s) to me by 11:59pm tonight.
 

1 comment:

Stamp with Angela said...

What a clever idea. I love the gift bags you have created.